Snippets of last week’s lunch meeting (28.5.14).
1. Detlev and Lusi raised IDR 820,000 at their brunch on Sunday, 25th May, for the Smile Foundation. Well-done guys.
Rtn. Detlev (0813-3871-4470) informed members that Mariella will be the guest cook for this Sunday’s Brunch. Come on guys lets all give him support as it’s all for the Smile Foundation!
2. There will be a Club Assembly at the Wednesday lunch meeting on 4th June 201. Please send your questions / concerns / questions to P. Raphaël before Tuesday, 3 June. This discussion will involve our Club and the direction the members feel that it should take in the future.
3. Don’t forget:
(i) District 3420 will be organizing its annual DISTAS on Saturday, 21 June 2014 (08:00 – 16:00). The cost will be IDR 275,000 per participant. 2014 – 2105 Board members and Committee Chairs are encouraged to attend.
In the evening of 21st June, DGE Hanny Arianto will be installed as the 2014 – 2015 District Governor (18:30 – 21:00) and all Rotary Clubs in Bali will have the opportunity of participating in an ‘official’ Handover ceremony. The cost for this event will be IDR 150,000. Please see CP Patrick for reservations / payment / tickets.
(ii) RCBS will be having its annual Handover Dinner on Wednesday, 25, 2014 at the ‘Jemme’ restaurant located in Seminyak. More details to follow.
(iii)The RC of Bali Kuta’s 25th Anniversary Dinner Cruise,which will be held on Sunday, 29 June 2014. The theme of the evening will be a ‘Pirate’s Night’ and will be held on a splendid Phinisi Vessel (Jln. Dermaga II, Pelabuhan (Harbor) Benoa). Fellowship starts at 17:00, while the Dinner Cruise is set to sail at 18:30. Tickets are IDR 250,000 for adults and IDR 150,000 for children/parrots (ages 2-12 years). For tickets, please contact:
CP Patrick: email@example.com
Ibu Lita: 0819-1627-9013 or PP Marina Purwa: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your payment to: BCA – Account 1460787625
(iv) RCBS’ 2014 – 2015 Annual DUES (IDR 1,600,000) are now being accepted. Note the ‘EARLY BIRD’ special:
IDR 1,400,000 1 – 31 May
IDR 1,500,000 1 – 30 June
IDR 1,600,000 1 – 31 Jul
(v) Rotary Foundation (Every Rotarian Every Year – EREY) payments so far this year (US$ 2,735): Thanks to :-
Rtns. HM Mary, PE Doris, P Raphaël, Peter E., Manfred, PP John G., Henny, Giorgio, Peter L., Patrizia, PP Sec. Anita, PN Barbara, Alex, Pamela, Udo, Virginie, Handy, Dr. Juergen, Jorg, CP Patrick, Catharina and VP Yuki.
Oops, Is you name missing.? Have you not made your donation yet? President Raphael is still anxiously awaiting your payment of US$100.00.
4 (i). PE Doris and VP Yuki reported on their recent trip to Makassar, Sulawesi to attend the 2014 D3420 District Conference. RCBS received the following District Awards: RI Presidential Citation, Achieving Club Membership Target, Best Club Bulletin, Best Club Fundraiser AND 100% Attendance for President Raphaël Devianne, PE Doris Angst Sommer, VP Masaharu Yukimoto, PP Secretary Anita Lococo, CP T. Patrick van Kampen, PN Barbara MacKenzie, Rtn Sally Bellmaine, Rtn Lucy Damayanti, Rtn Marie-Francoise de Saint Priest d’Urgel, Rtn Peter Erni, PP John Glass, Rtn Detlev Hauth, Rtn Florian Nitcsh, Rtn Stephen O’Brien, Rtn Udo Rosenboom, Rtn Virginie Tutin Sandstroom, Rtn Jorg Starke, Rtn Catharina van Vonderen.
Wow that is some achievement for our club!
(ii) The 2015 District Conference (22 – 24 May 2015)will be a JOINT one between D3420 and D3410 (The Reunion)and will be held in the culturally interesting city of Jogjakarta, Special Region (Central Java). Register before 30 June 2014 and get the Early Bird price of IDR 1 million (April 2015 – IDR 1.5 million). Please see CP Patrick for further details.
5. The Rotary Club Tokyo Asakusa will be coming to Indonesia in June 2014 to participate in a Closing ceremony for a Global Grant epilepsy project in Semarang. They will come to Bali on Sunday, 15 June, 2014. Come on guys lets ALL give them a big welcome. ( We may even be able to persuade them to help in one of our Service Projects or support our current Global Grant application!). There will be buffet dinner at the ‘Warisan’ Restaurant on 15th June 2014, at 5.30pm. Rp300,000++ (excluding drinks).Please contact VP Yuki (email@example.com), if you would like to attend this ‘special’ evening.
6. There will be another ‘Field Trip’ to Nusa Penida to visit the Club’s Micro-credit (Goat) Project on Sunday, 8 June. Please contact Peter (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly if you would like to join this ‘adventurous’ day trip.
7. Well done Rtn. Diana for making up at RC of Marylebonein central London.
8. PN Barb announced that she, SaA Sally and IPP Robin would be attending the RI International Convention in Sydney, Australia from 1 – 4 June 2014. Have fun guys!
9. The Australian Consul-General in Bali, The Honourable Ms. Majell Hind, gave our club the honour of attending our meeting and explaining the Australian Government’s relationship with Indonesia and how the Australian/Indonesian development partnership covers a range of sectors, which contribute to Indonesia’s economic growth and human development including trade and investment, infrastructure, empowerment of women and girls and education. In the current financial year Australian’s development cooperation program was an estimated $602 million and they expect the current levels to be maintained. ( For the full speech see the Club Bulletin).
Sorry, no photos have arrived yet , but keep an eye on the ABLUMS at the bottom of the HOME page, as they may have arrived by the time you read this page.