REMINDERS AND SNIPPETS of the regular lunch meeting held on Wednesday, 2nd July 2014.
SNIPPETS: (See the Bulletin for full details.)
*President Doris opened the meeting by playing a video reminding us all to ‘LIGHT UP ROTARY.’ Then she made her first regular Wednesday luncheon address to the members and guests, as President of our club for the Rotary Year 2014-2015 .
*PE. Barbara then reminded everyone of the ‘FOUR WAY TEST,’ and the history behind this famous cornerstone of Rotary.
*The July birthdays were then read out. CP. Patrick V.K (birthday on 1st July) somehow secured two birthday songs, as he had one sung to him during the President’s address and another later when the management and staff paraded into the dining room carrying a huge birthday cake with one candle on it. (Did I hear someone whisper 70? Surely not!).
*The Evening Pirate Cruise on Sunday – the best ‘Lady’ pirate award was won by Rtn. Patrizia and the best couple was won by Rtns. and Peter and Patrizia Lindinger.
*Thereafter the President addressed the meeting upon the subjects of –
1. The operational budget for 2014-2015;
2. The structure of the working committees for 2014-2015;
3. Attendance at regular meetings and how Make-ups can be secured;
4. The openness of monthly Board meetings. Please note non-Board members are only ‘observers.’
5. The rule that ALL communications arising from observing a Board meeting, or arising from a committee meeting, MUST be sent ONLY to the President of the Board or to the chairman of the committee concerned. They will answer your question or take up the matter(s) raised. Please NO emails to anyone else and no copying of emails to others.
*Thereafter, Rtn. Florian, Chairperson of Club Administration; Rtn. Marie-Francoise, Chairperson of Membership; PP John Glass, Chairperson of Pubic Relations & Fundraising; VP. Yuki, Chairperson of Service Projects and PP. Anita, Chairperson of Rotary Foundation gave addresses regarding their committees and their plans for the 2014-2015 Rotary year.
*The Raffle raised IDR 1,240,000 and the prize of a box of chocolates kindly donated by Rtn. Marie-Francoise was won by CP. Sec. Patrick.
* NO meeting NEXT WEEK – 9th July (Indonesian National Election Day) .
* The Salsa Night will be held on 25th July 2014 at the Lestari Restaurant, Jalan Drupadi for the Helen E. Newman Scholarship project. Tickets are IDR 150,000 pp. including a welcome drink, finger foods all night, one hour of Salsa instruction and taxi dancers. Instruction Vouchers (valid for 12 months) for 5×1 hour Salsa lessons cost: IDR 800,000 for one instructor and IDR 1million for two instructors. Instruction can be at your home or at a restaurant in Seminyak. Note there is a maximum of 60 tickets available and already over 35 have been sold. Contact person for tickets and vouchers. PP. John Glass. firstname.lastname@example.org.
* 2014–2015 Annual dues of IDR 1,600,000 are now due.
*CP Sec. Patrick is looking for good speakers and more Project / Vocational / Fellowship tour suggestions. He will do the arranging, if you give him the suggestion.
*Want a Rotary name card? If members would like to have a name card, please contact CP Sec. Patrick: <email@example.com>
NOW go to the PHOTO ALBUM to see all the photos. ( You can find it right at the bottom of the Home Page).