District Number 3420 (Qualified)
Water, Sanitation and Basic Hygiene Training for Five Elementary Schools in Puhu Village, Payangan District, Gianyar Regency, Bali
Over 600 children, about 50 teachers and an unknown number of parents will be affected by this project. It is estimated that the project will take 18 to 24 months to complete. The project budget is set at US$46,000. The goals of the project are:
- Provide consistent water supply to the five schools
- Insure there are functional toilets in all schools
- Training for students and teachers about keeping toilets clean
- Washbasins built at strategic locations in all schools
- Three rounds of basic hygiene training with an emphasis on hand washing.The third round of training will be done by the Puskesmas when all children(and parents if they come) will be examined by doctors and dentists.Where medicine is required it will be dispensed by Puskesmas nurses.
- Evaluations for all the above by volunteer Evaluator.
- Water filters will be placed at all schools and teachers will be trained to maintain them.
- Health and hygiene grade appropriate books and book cases in which to store them will be placed in all classrooms.
- Eye Checks by John Fawcett Foundation
Grateful thanks to Rtn. Erika for being the Team Leader in this portion of the Global Grant